Monday 11 January 2016

Concluding Note

It is a sad day, as I announce that this is my last blogpost regarding my Global Environmental Module :(

In this last post, I would like to summarise some of the topics I have discussed through this blog series and providing you with some reflection.

Starting off the blog in October was probably the hardest part of holding this blog. Indeed, We had to find a topic of investigation and ensure our posts fitted in line with our topic. Throughout my blog series, I tried to smoothly move from examining terrestrial environmental impact of livestock farming (during the months of october and november) to exploring its aquatic environmental impacts.

I discussed 18 peer-reviewed articles on the topics of deforestation, desertification, accuracy of statistics in relation to environmental impacts caused by livestock farming, and more recently, topics related to freshwater pollution, ocean dead zones and cultured meat.

Although "investigating into environmental impacts of livestock farming" is a vast research domain, I tried to focus on a few current and 'historically' important debates. In some cases, I extended the topic for discussion over a number of blogposts to get a deeper understanding of research surrounding this theme.

I also interacted with some fellow colleagues on deforestation and desertification debates, and found it particularly interesting to read and discuss other blog post.

Future expectations: This blog has changed my way of thinking about writing on academic research, it has helped to develop creative writing skills, and having really enjoyed, I would like to continue my blog post series, still researching on the topic of livestock farming and its environmental impact.

I hope that you will stay hooked up!

Best,

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment